EPF: How To Get Universal Account Number (UAN)
Universal Account Number (UAN) Is Of Great Help
If you have the EPF i.e. Employee Provident Fund account, you must have the Universal Account Number (UAN) with you. You can enjoy a number of online facilities through the UAN. Universal Account Number (UAN) is helpful to know the balance of EPF, transfer of EPF account and withdrawal of money from EPF. It is also to be noted that through UAN, you can link your multiple provident fund accounts into one universal account. You will need to visit the EPFO portal for checking, transferring or withdrawing the balance amount. The portal address is http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
If you want to check the EPF balance easily, read it here: 4 Easy Methods To Check EPF Balance
How Will You Get The Universal Account Number (UAN)
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is generally provided by the employer at the time of joining the organisation. All the employees who contribute for EPF account are eligible for getting a UAN. You can check it in your monthly pay-slip. If Universal Account Number (UAN) has not been communicated to you yet, you should contact your employer/HR to get it. If your employer does not provide you UAN, you should check whether EPFO has allotted a UAN for you or not. You can follow these steps to check your UAN:
(1) Open the UAN member website, the link of which is given below:-
(2) Find the ‘Know your UAN status’ link under the Important links tab on right hand side of the website.
(3) Once you click on the link, an online form will appear. You can check your UAN number by entering PF member ID, Aadhaar number or PAN number. Fill the details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID etc. and click on Get Authorisation PIN.
(4) You will get four digit authorisation PIN on your registered mobile number. Just enter the PIN to get the status of your UAN.
If it shows your “UAN is activated”, you can directly go and contact your employer with the UAN number. Submit your KYC document details, if required, so that your employer can link your PF member ID to UAN.
What If Universal Account Number (UAN) Is Not Activated
Now you are fully aware that to avail the online facilities by the EPFO, you need to activate UAN number first of all. Here is your step by step process to activate your UAN:
(1) Go to the website – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
(2) Find the Activate UAN tab under Important Links on the right hand side of the portal.
(3) Click on the Activate UAN
(4) Once you click on Activate UAN, a detailed online form will appear. You need to fill all the details and then click on the Get Authorization Pin.
(6) Now you can generate your login ID and password to complete the registration process.
Don’t Forget To Link Aadhaar With Universal Account Number (UAN)
The Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar number to EPF account. In fact, to avail the online services and facilities of EPFO, you need to link your Aadhaar with Universal Account Number (UAN) and EPF account. Aadhaar has become the most important document for KYC verification now. Now EPFO provides all the benefits to the deserving beneficiaries directly into their respective bank account. You can link Aadhaar with UAN either online or offline mode.
Online Process Of Linking Aadhaar With EPF & Universal Account Number (UAN)
(1) Open the EPFO website – http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/
(2) Login using your UAN number and Password. Remember that to login, your UAN must be activated.
(3) After login, look at the top of the page to find Manage tab. Select the KYC option under Manage tab from the drop-down menu.
(4) Once you select KYC tab, you will find an online form having options to update Bank details, PAN details, Aadhaar, Passport, Driving License, Voter Identity Card or Ration Card.
(5) You can update all the documents here. But if you want to update only Aadhaar then select Aadhaar, enter the Aadhaar number and also the name as it appears in Aadhaar Card. Then click on Save.
You Aadhaar will be linked with UAN if your name in both the documents will be same. If there is any difference in the name as in Aadhaar and in PF records, you will have to correct the errors.
Offline Process Of Linking Aadhaar With EPF & Universal Account Number (UAN)
If you face any difficulty in linking Aadhaar with Universal Account Number (UAN) in the online process, you have the facility to link Aadhaar through offline mode as well. EPFO has introduced the facility named “Aadhaar Seeding Application” with support of the Common Service Centers (CSC). You can go to the nearby field offices of EPFO or CSC outlets with some documents (the list is given below) to link your Aadhaar with the UAN.
Documents Needed To Link Aadhaar With Universal Account Number (UAN)
* Universal Account Number (UAN)
* Copy of PAN Card
* Copy of your Aadhaar Card